Skip to main content

MALIVANI II

 
 
 
Today it wasn't normal at my house. It was the D day. My day. My bags packed with my NEW everything and a wooden 'box' as the school requested.
 
And there I was, making faces to my brother, laughing at him that he didn't have any new things as I had.
He just starred as if to say "woiye baby sis I just wish you knew what awaits you"
But I didn't care, I was going to UKAMBANI school, with my new SHOES. I'm going to beat them all in exam, those kamba kids. Exam results was my pride, more so in Mathematics. So I'm going to show them. I kept telling myself.
 
 
The whole ride from Wote town, where I put on my NEW uniform on, was silent. Not one word was spoken. We all kept our thoughts to ourselves until we came to a stop.
That's when I realised we were parked outside the school's gate. I turned to my parents just to confirm they are going to sleep in the school compound too and they did. Bingo! I had totally nothing to worry about.
 
BETTER YOUR BEST the school motto
 
 
I felt a rush of excitement as we pulled into the parking stall. I then grabbed my luggage quicker than you could say kangaroo and headed towards the school.
We walked towards the school and I was impressed. The school was a square shape and huge. The dorms were separate from the classes. They had some beautiful well done green grass on say projected areas, I think for learning purposes. There were maps on it. Made of clay.
And so I realised it's then that I was having a good look at the school than earlier when I had come for the interview.
 
 
We headed towards the Administration block.
A plump lady in a blue dress stood at the front desk. She was the school matron. She packed out my belongings for inspection to confirm I had everything intact.
After a short chit chat at the headmaster's office, he handed me to the school matron as my parents bid me goodbye remaining behind. It didn't add up to me as I knew I'd see them later.
 
 
I was taken to the dormitory and introduced to my new bed. Crap! I only knew of double deckers but these were triple ones!!! How did the centre one manage? None of my business though since I was given the bottom one. At a corner.
She then took me to my class. I sat at the very behind desk. With a boy! This sitting arrangement though. His name? Kariuki. Phewx! Kumbe not all of them were kambas. Good thing. I thought to myself.
 
 
A bell rang and it was the supper time where i didn't bother myself as I was already full from my usual, fries.
Back to class for night preps that ended at 9.00pm, which I cannot account for.
 
 
I went to the school matron. "I want to wish my parents goodnight now before I go to sleep."
Ha ha ha! Please lemme just laugh here. Say goodnight to my folks? In person? At a boarding school? In UKAMBANI? Did I even understand the whole concept about boarding schools?

Her face went blurr for a second then murmered something like, "nikanaata na kana kaa mbaituni?!"
You wonder why i remember? Because I'm KAMBA too.
 
 
SASA KUMEKUCHA!!!

how cute the grass looks

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MALIVANI

      "Nani anataka kwenda boarding school?" My mother asked as we just sat there starring at her wondering what she meant by boarding school. Oh! And so it happened I was the only one who didn't understand as my brother replied saying he would never to to boarding and if it reached a time for him to be in high school then my parents should be living in the neighbouring.     So now my parents turned to me with a warm smile, explained what it meant by boarding school. The fact that I'd leave behind my new friends, ( in case i forgot to mention, we were just a few months old in this town #80403 so i managed to pick out a few friends in the school i was at ), made me be hesitant. "You will have new uniforms, new shoes, anything that you'll want you'll have it new" that's my father saying. My brother just shook his head as if to pity me.     Mmmh...new shoes! I thought to myself. I've always wanted to have these bata toug

WHAT IF IT LEAKS OUT

I know you probably think i am to talk about sperm or semen leaking out of the vagina after intercourse. By the way, can you still conceive if sperm leaks out after having sex? And yes, it is normal for sperm to leak out of the vagina after sex because there was enough of the ejaculate, I think. Again, can you still conceive if sperm leak out? Well, I am no expert in this but if he ejaculates deeply inside you, then no matter how much it leaks out, enough sperm will have reached the cervical mucus. PHEW! Now you already think I am to talk about Kenya. More so these people like Chebukati, sijui ChiloBAE, IEBC itself. The two main Presidential seat candidates and how sijui who leaked what about FORM THARI FOUR what and what mara Maraga, NAH, I pass. I have come across so many definitions of a Human Being and that which interested me the most is this; " The only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the victims he intends to eat until he eats them." ( Samue

THE COMMON BEACH WEAR

So, at one point in my life, I worked in the print media hoping to get myself through to the TV.  I managed to get some of my articles published with my own byline. ( Treeza can testify to this. hehe.)Well that's a story for another day. This particular one i wrote on 29/1/2014. Titled it THE COMMON BEACH WEAR IN RELATION TO OUR HEALTH, got itself published through so today I'll just give it a small touch. My articles always paved way in the LIFESTYLE column in the newspaper. Oh and by the way, Owiti Samwel, I call him Witty (I'll definitely write about him someday so relax), has been one of my loyal 'fans' throughout my print and radio experience. ( I just wanted to point it out to feel good. lol) #80403 Most of us choose to purchase used clothing for a variety of reasons. It can be down to them being cheaper than having to purchase new clothing fresh off the rack or it can be down to many having a preference of vintage clothing which has been pa