Skip to main content

HELP ME HELP YOU


UNDERSTAND ME

 
 
 
Many people keep on asking why they cannot find themselves in good relations with others and keep blaming others.
Well, Let's look at the art of communication as a major key point of developing healthy relationships.
 
Communication is an essential in any given relationships we find ourselves in.
A person is able to air out his or her thoughts and opinions on certain issues and hence discuss with the other party involved for a better outcome. This reduces chances of stress caused by overthinking on a certain itchy matter and as we all know, a problem shared is a problem half solved.
 
A good communicator or communication entails:
  1. Knowing what you want to communicate.
  2. Listening to what others are saying.
  3. Developing solutions that will be for the good of all parties involved (Commonly known as the win-win situation).
  4. Expressing appreciation.
 
HELP ME HELP YOU
 
 
Expecting someone to know or read your mind is very unproductive since you'll always be disappointed and angry towards them as they will not live up to your unrealistic expectation. It is also unfair as it is an assumption that they have supernatural powers. (The only assumptions i know of are in physics and since we aint talking of physics today, I'll skip on the topic). We are all humans, so do unto others what you want done unto you even the Holy scriptures say so.
 
We always know ourselves better than anybody does. However, it is very important and for our own good to inquire from others how they view us and this can help us analyze ourselves and change where necessary to have good relations with others.
This is all achieved through communication.
 
In addition to all that, HONESTY is the key to effective communication since such a a trait builds and bind people in a given relationship at all time. We often think that a little lie cannot damage a thing, which is very untrue. Lies once discovered can lead to being mistrusted forever and lowers your dignity too.
You will never be at peace with yourself when you tell lies that bind you and the other party involved. Never Ever!!!
 
#peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WORKPLACE LIFE

You spend most of your life at work. It is therefore better to be positive and friendly and enjoy working with those around you than being negative and dislike your co - workers. Positive relationships help you become happier in life, you also feel and act more positive. THE BETTER OUR RELATIONSHIPS ARE AT WORK,THE HAPPIER AND MORE PRODUCTIVE WE ARE GOING TO BE. Make sure you are not inadvertently making your office mate crazy with your personal habits. for instance, some people need to work in complete silence while others enjoy background music. It is important to understand and respect others for betterment of good working conditions. BE KIND: In your free minute or during your short break, engage with your colleagues and see if they need help with anything. They will definitely, at one point, reciprocate and thus improve your working environment. If you make an error, do not be quick to blame it on someone else or try to hide it. Acknowledge your mistake and m...

MALIVANI II

      Today it wasn't normal at my house. It was the D day. My day. My bags packed with my NEW everything and a wooden 'box' as the school requested.   And there I was, making faces to my brother, laughing at him that he didn't have any new things as I had. He just starred as if to say "woiye baby sis I just wish you knew what awaits you" But I didn't care, I was going to UKAMBANI school, with my new SHOES. I'm going to beat them all in exam, those kamba kids. Exam results was my pride, more so in Mathematics. So I'm going to show them. I kept telling myself.     The whole ride from Wote town, where I put on my NEW uniform on, was silent. Not one word was spoken. We all kept our thoughts to ourselves until we came to a stop. That's when I realised we were parked outside the school's gate. I turned to my parents just to confirm they are going to sleep in the school compound too and they did. Bingo! I had totally nothin...

THE COMMON BEACH WEAR

So, at one point in my life, I worked in the print media hoping to get myself through to the TV.  I managed to get some of my articles published with my own byline. ( Treeza can testify to this. hehe.)Well that's a story for another day. This particular one i wrote on 29/1/2014. Titled it THE COMMON BEACH WEAR IN RELATION TO OUR HEALTH, got itself published through so today I'll just give it a small touch. My articles always paved way in the LIFESTYLE column in the newspaper. Oh and by the way, Owiti Samwel, I call him Witty (I'll definitely write about him someday so relax), has been one of my loyal 'fans' throughout my print and radio experience. ( I just wanted to point it out to feel good. lol) #80403 Most of us choose to purchase used clothing for a variety of reasons. It can be down to them being cheaper than having to purchase new clothing fresh off the rack or it can be down to many having a preference of vintage clothing which has been pa...