Skip to main content

EARN TO PROTECT THE FUTURE OF YOUR CHILDREN

It began with a dream, a senseless dream in which I thought I was a man of means. From my belt hung a handsome purse, heavy with coin. There were shekels which I cast with careless freedom to beggars, there were pieces of silver with which I bought finery for my wife and anything I deemed best for me. There were pieces of gold which made me feel assured of the future and unafraid to spend the silver. A glorious feeling of contentment was with me, I don't think you would have known me.
 "why then do I know you?"

Protect your children by earning your portion first, let the money you earn work for you
Safeguard your future generation
Why indeed ! Because I awoke up and remembered how empty my purse was, a feeling of rebellion swept over me. As sail
ors we ride in the same boat we two. As youngsters we went together to the priest to learn some wisdom. As young men we shared each others pleasures. As grown men we have always been close friends we have been contented subjects of our kind. satisfied to work long hours and spend our earnings freely we've earned much coin in the years that have passed yet to know the joys that come from wealth we must dream about them. Are we more than dumb sheep? We live in the richest city in all the world . Travelers do say none equals it in wealth. About us there is much display of wealth yet we have it not. consider also our sons are they not following in the footsteps of their fathers? Need they and their sons and their sons' families live all their lives in the midst of such treasure of gold and yet like us be contented to banquet upon sour goats milk and porridge? I have labored to build the finest chariots any man could make, softhearted hoping some day the Gods would recognize my worthy deeds and bestow upon me great prosperity. This they have never done. Now I realize they will never do.

My heart is sad I want to be a man of means . I wish to own lands and cattle to have fine robes and coin in my purse. I am willing to work for these things with all the remaining strength in my back, with all the cunning in my mind, but I wish my labors be fairly rewarded. Why cannot we have our just share of the good things so plentiful for those with gold to buy them?
"Would I know the answer?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WORKPLACE LIFE

You spend most of your life at work. It is therefore better to be positive and friendly and enjoy working with those around you than being negative and dislike your co - workers. Positive relationships help you become happier in life, you also feel and act more positive. THE BETTER OUR RELATIONSHIPS ARE AT WORK,THE HAPPIER AND MORE PRODUCTIVE WE ARE GOING TO BE. Make sure you are not inadvertently making your office mate crazy with your personal habits. for instance, some people need to work in complete silence while others enjoy background music. It is important to understand and respect others for betterment of good working conditions. BE KIND: In your free minute or during your short break, engage with your colleagues and see if they need help with anything. They will definitely, at one point, reciprocate and thus improve your working environment. If you make an error, do not be quick to blame it on someone else or try to hide it. Acknowledge your mistake and m...

MALIVANI II

      Today it wasn't normal at my house. It was the D day. My day. My bags packed with my NEW everything and a wooden 'box' as the school requested.   And there I was, making faces to my brother, laughing at him that he didn't have any new things as I had. He just starred as if to say "woiye baby sis I just wish you knew what awaits you" But I didn't care, I was going to UKAMBANI school, with my new SHOES. I'm going to beat them all in exam, those kamba kids. Exam results was my pride, more so in Mathematics. So I'm going to show them. I kept telling myself.     The whole ride from Wote town, where I put on my NEW uniform on, was silent. Not one word was spoken. We all kept our thoughts to ourselves until we came to a stop. That's when I realised we were parked outside the school's gate. I turned to my parents just to confirm they are going to sleep in the school compound too and they did. Bingo! I had totally nothin...

THE COMMON BEACH WEAR

So, at one point in my life, I worked in the print media hoping to get myself through to the TV.  I managed to get some of my articles published with my own byline. ( Treeza can testify to this. hehe.)Well that's a story for another day. This particular one i wrote on 29/1/2014. Titled it THE COMMON BEACH WEAR IN RELATION TO OUR HEALTH, got itself published through so today I'll just give it a small touch. My articles always paved way in the LIFESTYLE column in the newspaper. Oh and by the way, Owiti Samwel, I call him Witty (I'll definitely write about him someday so relax), has been one of my loyal 'fans' throughout my print and radio experience. ( I just wanted to point it out to feel good. lol) #80403 Most of us choose to purchase used clothing for a variety of reasons. It can be down to them being cheaper than having to purchase new clothing fresh off the rack or it can be down to many having a preference of vintage clothing which has been pa...